Sunday, September 16, 2007

Weekly News Round-Up

- It seems PJ can claim victory in their battle against AT&T, as a spokeswoman for the company said they would no longer be censoring their webcasts, but rather display a message at the bottom of the screen during them, advising viewer discretion

- Ed has been doing the rounds this week, kicking off with a performance at the Into The Wild premiere in Toronto, he played a short 4 song set. He then played two songs at the Body Of War premiere, check out one of them here:



- Eddie is also to appear in yet more movies, this time he will appear in the next Tom Petty DVD, a four-hour documentary titled "Runnin' Down a Dream", in which director Peter Bogdanovich tells the Heartbreakers' story. Vedder, along with other artists such as Stevie Nicks, Dave Grohl and others, will talk about Tom Petty & his historical group's legacy. It hits in October.

- He also appears in Michael Moore's new documentary "Captain Mike Across America", which follows Moore going from stadium to stadium in 62 cities in the dying days of the 2004 presidential campaign for his "Slacker Uprising Tour 2004", bashing US President George W. Bush. Pearl Jam's Ed Vedder and other artists such as Steve Earle, Tom Morello and Joan Baez break up the film with their live performances during several dates of this tour.

- Ed also appeared on Michael Stipe's (R.E.M.) photography website as the photo of the day, rather cheese-tastic, don't you think?



- Chris Cornell has not closed the door on recording a follow-up to Temple Of The Dog, it seems:

"I think some combination of those people making a record is always going to appeal to me. I don't know if it'll be called Temple of the Dog but some collaboration with any combination of those guys, I'll always be open to because it was such a great experience. Quite literally Temple of the Dog is the reason why Audioslave happened as far as I'm concerned. That was the only reason I was really open to it. After Temple of the Dog I felt that I wanted to always keep an open mind in my career about different collaborations because I felt like that was an exciting experience and it taught me that it was totally possible and pretty painless to do it."

- Finally, check out the official video for Ed's new single, Hard Sun:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sketches are in fact pleasant source of teaching instead of
content, its my familiarity, what would you say?


my weblog; www.twinva.com
Also see my website > laguardiacc.jbcourse.com